Grant eligibility is determined through the FAFSA application process. Federal and state grant money is gift aid. It does not need to be
repaid unless the student:
- fails to attend or stops attending class prior to the census date, but the grade is posted after disbursement.
- withdraws after the census date from a class that has not started.
- has no passing grades. Please see our Return of Title IV funds page for further explanation on these situations.
The student may need to repay a portion or all of the aid that was received if any of these occur.
- Pell Grant - This grant is prorated based on credit status. Eligibility is limited to 12 full-time terms.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - requires half-time credit status
All state grants require half-time credit status
- Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG)
- Minority Student Grant
- Indian Student Assistance Grant
- Talent Incentive Grant (TIP)
Other State Funding
To view state funding and eligibility, go to the Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)