Adult High School offers adults ages 18 and older the opportunity to earn a high school diploma from his/her high school. Fox Valley Technical College (FVTC) provides high school equivalent courses that area high schools can accept to meet graduation requirements. When the student has completed the requirements, he/she will receive a diploma from the participating high school.
Who is eligible?
Any student age 18 or older who is within a few credits of graduation at his/her high school. (A suggested guideline is that the student not be more than three credits short of graduation.)
What is the application process?
The following steps are needed to apply:
Upon completion of the established classes, a transcript is sent to the high school and a diploma is issued from the high school.
- The student should call the site he/she plans to attend. A FVTC representative will:
- explain procedures between FVTC and the student’s high school,
- send out a Transcript Evaluation Form, and
- set up an appropriate pre-testing appointment.
- The student pre-tests, if appropriate.
- The student sets up an appointment for the writing of the Educational Plan Agreement with the site’s representative.
- The Educational Plan Agreement is approved by the high school.
- Attends a "First Steps to Success" orientation.
- The student registers for classes.
Who would I contact for information on Adult High School?
High school counselors should contact:
FVTC - Appleton Campus
Phone: (920) 735-2494
Fax: (920) 735-5636
Students should contact a ABE site by calling any of the following FVTC Campuses/Regional Centers:
|Appleton|| (920) 735-2494|
|Chilton|| (920) 849-4416|
|Clintonville|| (715) 823-8324|
|Oshkosh|| (920) 236-6142|
|Waupaca|| (715) 942-1700|
|Wautoma || (920) 787-3319 |