If a tutor cannot
be found for your class at your campus or you are taking classes online, we may
be able to connect you with a tutor using Distance Tutoring.
allows Fox Valley Technical College to reach students in two locations in such
a realistic way that it feels as if the tutor and tutee are in the same room.
In each room, to facilitate instruction, is a computer, a phone line, and a
Bamboo Splash Tablet (for math), and a connection through freescreensharing to share what is being performed on the
tutor and tutee’s computer.
Technical College has available to students:
- Four Distance Tutoring stations, one at
each of the Outreach sites (Waupaca, Clintonville, Chilton and Wautoma).
- Two Distance Tutoring stations on the
Appleton Campus (located in the TLC and ESS) and one on the Oshkosh Campus
(located in the TLC).
- Scheduling a tutoring session via Distance
Tutoring is easy. Simply click on Distance
Tutor Request and complete the email request form from
the menu on the right. You will hear from us within 2 business days
of submitting your request.
Other helpful Distance
Tutoring Room Locations
Tutoring Reference Guide
Distance Tutoring Guidelines
PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SESSION
- At this time, all Distance Tutoring sessions
MUST be set up through the Teaching and Learning Center. Fill out the Distance Tutoring request form
located below. Please
provide a minimum of 2 business days’ notice.
- Once a session is confirmed, both the tutor and tutee
will be given, via email, the time, locations, phone number, and Meeting ID.
- The student will report to the assigned regional
center and will check out the Distance Tutoring equipment from the regional
center’s main desk.
- With the assistance of the support staff the
tutee will hook up the equipment and will be prepared to begin tutoring at the
- The Tutor will call the appropriate regional
center and will request to be connected to the tutee.
- Both tutor and tutee will sign-in to freescreensharing.com.
DURING THE SESSION
- Please be prepared with questions for your
- If you are working on an online program
(Blackboard, mymathlabs.com, Microsoft Word, etc.), be logged in and ready to share
- Remember your tutor is here to help facilitate
learning and not do your work.
AFTER THE SESSION
Distance Tutoring request form
- Please disconnect from the phone call and the freesceensharing.com
- Neatly put equipment and instruction back in the
- Return the equipment box to the main desk.
- Schedule your next tutoring appointment!