The MSEP was established by the Midwestern Higher Education Commission to increase interstate educational opportunities for students in its member states.
Who is eligible to participate?
Residents of Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota and Nebraska can enroll in designated institutions at a reduced tuition rate. Minnesota students will be assessed in-state tuition rates.
As an MSEP student, will I see a difference in what it costs to attend an out-of-state school?
Yes! Tuition for MSEP students attending designated out-of-state institutions is equal to 150% of regular in-state tuition. The cost of attending school is significantly less for MSEP students than for non-residents.
How much will I save if I participate in MSEP?
To see how much MSEP students save, take a look at this comparison chart:
|Tuition & Fees||In-State ||MSEP |
|Application Fee||$30.00 ||$30.00 |
|Tuition & Fees (per credit)||$116.55||$167.25|
|Total Semester Cost (at 15 credits per semester) ||$1,748.25||$2,508.75|
|Total Yearly Cost (two 15-credit semesters)||$3,496.50 ||$5,017.50 |
What are the qualifications for participating in MSEP?
- Students must enroll as a full-time student and make acceptable progress toward a degree as identified in the Academic Progress Policy
- Students must reside in Kansas, Michigan, Nebraska or North Dakota
- Any student declaring a program in applicable FVTC career programs will be considered
- Tuition is assessed at 150% of the FVTC tuition rate
- All students entering applicable programs and participating in the Midwest Student Exchange Program must meet the admissions requirements for the specific program for which they have applied
Who can I contact for more information about MSEP?
Learn more about MSEP