The purpose of the clinic is to create interest and promote understanding through the demonstration of skills and proficiencies.
The objectives are:
- To demonstrate basic knowledge of agronomic principles and practices.
- To demonstrate your ability to identify agronomic
- Plant nutrient deficiencies
- Grain grading
- Crop inputs and equipment
The agronomy contest is compatible with the state/national FFA Agronomy Career Event guidelines.
- Agronomic quiz and calculations which will test general knowledge.
- A practicum of plant and seed identification, soils, and grain grading, general fertility knowledge, insect identification, and seed analysis.
Approximately 10 minutes will be allowed per ring.
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED!
- Team size can be four members, and all four members will be scored. But the total of the top three (3) team members will determine the winning team.
- Students will be instructed on how to fill out their score cards, individual information sheets, and team information sheet. Students and/or teams not filling out information sheets correctly can be disqualified.
- Each student shall provide his/her own pencil or pen.
- Each individual must work independent of each other.
- What changes to the procedures or rules deemed appropriate by the Consultant and/or Chairperson mentioned the day of the judging clinic and take precedent over any and all previous written or mentioned statements.
- Each school may enter one team.
- Please review the state FFA Career Development Events.
- Limit 30 teams.
Agronomy contest will be held in the Agriculture Center.
|High School Committee: