Credit for prior learning is the acceptance of credits from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education. Transfer credit may be granted to students transferring from other institutions provided that:
- the course is identified on an official college transcript
- the course being transferred is generally equivalent in content and meets or exceeds the credit value of the Fox Valley Technical College course
- the credits accepted as transfer do not exceed FVTC’s credit value assigned to the course
- the course is directly applicable to the degree or diploma program being pursued
- a grade of "C" (2.0 grade points on a 4.0 scale) or above was attained in the course
- Incoming students with an associate's, bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree may be awarded up to 21 transfer credits toward the required general studies courses of an associate degree program OR the general studies course requirements of a technical diploma program and up to 6 credits of electives according to the program plan requirements with no time limits on the coursework from the earned degree.
Per WTCS' Board policy on Credit for Prior Learning, Fox Valley Technical College will provide maximum recognition for work completed through regionally accredited post secondary institutions or other education, training, or work experience pertinent to the student’s new educational program and graduation requirements.
To receive transfer credit, mail official college transcripts to:
FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE
ATTN: TRANSFER CREDIT OFFICE
PO BOX 2277
APPLETON, WI 54912-2277
Will my credits transfer to a UW or Wisconsin Technical College? Click on the link below:
Transfer Information System
Instructional Division Deans have the responsibility to establish and maintain updated transfer credit review guidelines (including courses and time span acceptability) for the curriculum of associate degree and technical diploma programs. General education course guidelines are established by the Dean of the General Studies Division.
Transfer credit is designated with a grade of TC (Transfer Credit) on the student transcript and is not calculated in a student’s GPA (grade point average).
A minimum of 25% of credit requirements must be directly earned through graded coursework (with a minimum of 12 credits in the technical discipline/occupational core) at Fox Valley Technical College for program graduation. Students cannot obtain advanced standing and/or transfer credit for more than 75% of the required program credits.
- Any exception to this policy must be authorized by the respective Division Dean.
- After applying for admission, students should request that the admission department evaluate the official transcript of courses taken at the previous school.
- Courses for which transfer credit is requested will be evaluated by the admission department.
- Consideration is given to depth and content of the course offered at FVTC in the applicant’s chosen program.
- Students are notified through their FVTC email of credits granted.
For information on the above procedures, contact the Transfer Credit Office by calling (920)735-4720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org